- I Love Lucy is one of my all time favorite shows.
- I cannot stand coconut water and really don't get what the hype is all about. It tastes like spoiled milk.
- I can only sleep with one, flat but soft pillow. Any more than that and I have a neck ache the next morning. The only exception was when I was pregnant and I spooned a body pillow.
- I never really trust a girl with no girlfriends. Just sayin'.
- I am currently reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld, and I dig it. Almost done with the third book.
- The quote that I chose to put under my senior yearbook photo was "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams." from the poem "Ode" by Arthur O'Shaughnessy.
(it was also said by Willy Wonka in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory)
- Even though I took a photography class during my semester at college, I still have my Canon set to auto-mode 98% of the time. No shame!
- I want a white iPhone dammit! Just waiting for the 5 to come out.. ahem Apple.
- My nicknames for Derek are Penguin and Bubbles.
- My nicknames for Rowan are Bugaboo, Bird, Buttercup, Ro, Rowizzle, and Rowie.
- I am a Taurus, through and through.
- I play guitar and a little piano but can't read music. I know guitar chords and can read tabs but not sheet music at all.
- This is what my iPhone's home screen currently looks like:
- I once auditioned to play Dorothy in a Wizard of Oz play and it was terrible.. obviously I didn't get a callback. I also auditioned for a tiny part on the final season of Lost and it was even worse... I think it's safe to say that I'm not an actress. But hey, at least I had the balls to try it out. See if it fit.
- I think I may be the only person on the planet who really loves Kristen Stewart. Not "Bella" but the actual real life person Kristen Stewart.
- I was voted "Most Likely to End Up on VH1's Behind The Music" by my senior year English class.
Last night a couple of my friends came over to watch Cruel Intentions (I know, so good. I hadn't seen it in like, 10 years fo' real) so I made them my shrimp avocado tacos for dinner and bought chocolate macaroons for dessert.
I know that I've posted plenty of photo snippets of my humble at-home "studio" and that most of you probably aren't very interested. But this is seriously what life looks like to me at some point every single day and I want to have plenty of photographs of these moments to look back on when I can say "remember when I recorded that album at home and how much fun I had?" So here's a small set of photos that I'm liking now, but am sure to love later in life.
Yesterday morning I woke up to Rowan's snuggles, flowers, coffee, a handmade card and D making me my favorite breakfast- eggs benedict (and a mimosa!). Then we packed up and headed to the beach, where we stayed all day long. I mean seriously, we had our umbrella so we were there for a good 6 hours.
Rowan napped, we all played in the sand and water, we ate lunch, D and I drank a beer/margarita, my friend came to hang out with us for a bit and it was the most perfect beach weather I've ever experienced. I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day..