For Christmas, I made Derek a really cute "Love Map" and thought I'd share since Valentine's Day is quickly approaching and it's a quick and easy gift idea!
1. I Googled imaged my state, chose a decent sized picture and then filled it in with black (in photoshop) because I used multiple colors in the following steps and it makes for the best colored background.
2. I Google mapped every one of our big milestone locations during our relationship so that I could pinpoint a more exact spot to place my landmarks on our Love Map.
3. I found an image of a heart, resized it as small as I could (making sure it still actually looked like a heart.. too small and it just looks like a dot!) and then placed one in each spot on our Love Map while checking with the google map to make sure they're all in the perfect place.
4. I wrote the map key to the side in the order in which they happened and then selected each one, making them all different colors. Then I did the same for all of the hearts, making each color go with it's matching location color in the map key.
5. I framed it and we hung it on our picture mural wall!
Hope this inspires you to make one for your sweetie!